Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Domestic Violence Allegations and the Demise of Due Process





On August 28, 2012, as I sat in the parking lot of the Camden, Delaware Texas Roadhouse getting ready to go inside for supper, a law enforcement officer suddenly appeared at my window screaming out commands that I get out of my vehicle.  As I complied, another officer pointed his gun at me screaming "hands up;" another one grabbed me, pushed me against my vehicle, and handcuffed me. I was then thrown into the back of the car, taunted, transported to Delaware State Police (Troop 3), shoes taken, belt taken, placed in a holding cell and held for just short of two hours. Why was this happening you might ask?

According to official police reports - my ex wife had taken a sharp object, scratched herself with it, used a blue eye liner to write threats and my name on her body, drive off the side of a road, strip down to her underwear, lay in a ditch face down until a passerby stopped. She would fabricate a story that I attacked her and left her for dead.

It gets better.....previously, over a period of three weeks on three different occasions - August 13, 19,  and 24, she would write three terroristic notes, placing them on her front door and on her car windshield, constructing them as if they were from me, including writing my name on them.

I would be arrested for the writing of those terroristic notes and be forced to wear a GPS Ankle Bracelet.

Ironically, it would be the GPS Ankle Bracelet that would vindicate me (and her unbelievably ridiculous attempt to frame me). The tracking device showed me miles away from the demented damsel in distress - vindicating me and ultimately proving she fabricated in great detail the entire event.

On September 1, 2012 she would be arrested for the filing of false police reports and lying to police.

So in the midst of the current "Guilty until Proven Innocent" craze, where we are told that a woman's allegation of domestic violence should transcend due process, I take great issue from a very personal level with this perversion of what our founding fathers' intent was for those accused of a crime.

By the standards of the current DV Lynch Mob, I would have spent years in a prison cell.

False Allegations has become a cottage industry fueled by the behemoth Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) that creates financial incentive for allegations of Domestic Violence.

This great pendulum swing not only destroys innocent lives, but also makes a mockery of true victims of domestic violence.

I stand with and applaud President Trump for his much maligned tweet:

"Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false, Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?"

President Donald Trump



Gordon Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment