Greetings to the Esteemed Members of the Delaware Domestic Violence Coordinating Council,
I cite the Mission Statement for the Delaware Domestic Violence Coordinating Council -
"To continuously review the system response to domestic violence and to identify and implement improvements to the system through policy development".
My name is Gordon Smith. You may remember me from several years ago. It was during that time that I fell victim to a serial false allegations artist....a malicious criminal in every sense of the word--a criminal who would be aided and abetted by the system that you oversee, in the allocation of taxpayer money each and every year. From 2010 - to August 28, 2012 , as an innocent man, I would be terrorized and subjected to 9 arrests, resulting in 25 criminal charges on my record, which can put a bit of a damper on career aspirations. I would face homelessness, 5 PFA's during this period. End of sob story. On August 28, 2012, some 2 hours after Judge Lou Ann Vari granted her favorite fraudulent victim yet another PFA, her malicious lust not yet quenched, she would go to her home, write threats, scratch her body with a sharp instrument, get into her car , drive her car directly across from Wild Quail Subdivision in broad day light, stripped down to her panties, where she would lie on the side of the road screaming that she was beaten, sexually assaulted and named me as being responsible for the attack.
Now bear in mind, from previously writing terroristic notes to herself and leaving them on her doorstep, car and framing me for it, I was subjected to a court ordered GPS Ankle Bracelet. This would prove to be the mechanism that proved I was innocent, and she the quintessential "victim," was a malicious fraud. Ironically, had I not had this monitoring device strapped to my ankle, I would have been prosecuted for this alleged violent crime, which I did not commit. A Karmic Redemption: On September 1, 2012 she would be arrested for multiple counts of filing false police reports and providing false information to the police.
By the efforts of Executive Director of DELGIS Peggy Bell and Senator Dave Lawson, and Representative Mike Ramone, the 25 charges were expunged from my record, with the State of Delaware waiving the fee for each of the expunged charges. Oh, and by the way, with the light now shining for the world to see, Judge Vari would, with greatest of angst, be compelled to grant a PFA against her favorite "victim" whom she had aided and abetted for over two years. I am the only male in the history of Delaware who had a PFA granted based exclusively on the emotional abuse resulting from false allegations.
I overcame your immoral and corrupt system. The river flows....life move on....Fast forward four years
I now live in Florida, work as a Security Professional and am married to literally the most amazing woman in the world. I did not end up serving years in James T. Vaughn Correctional Institute for crimes I did not commit. I overcame you and the criminal you, the Delaware Domestic Violence Coordinating Council abetted.
What my experience revealed in the most clear fashion was that your system is incredibly flawed, to the extent that your system would allow one individual to squander court, police, prosecutors resources, free rent, free furniture with literally hundreds of thousands of tax payer money, torturing an innocent man and alienating him as a father to his two sons.
DAG Kenneth Haltom and the power structure of the Delaware DOJ sought to make this "victimless crime" go away as expeditiously as possible. It was an embarrassment to your system, showing what happens when you allow allegations and witch hunts to take precedence over due process, and perpetuate your "we don't want to frighten other women from coming forward" mantra.
She pled guilty, and DAG Kenneth Haltom allowed her to get off with just one year probation.
Yes, it was egregious what I went through. But what is even more so egregious, is the fact that you defy your own mission statement, Instead of learning from this situation, and taking measures to improve , you essentially ignored it and silently applauded as DAG Haltom skillfully swept it under the rug. Your former Chairperson and former Senate President Pro Tempore Patricia Blevins refused to allow SB 99 to see the light of day. This Bill, introduced with bi-partisan support sought to address the issue of false allegations and perjury in Family Court.
Your collective actions are more in line with that of a cartel that seeks to protect its cash flow than that of the morally superior Council you purport to be. Disgraceful.
Sincerely,
Gordon Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment